Senior Software Engineer – CORE Technologies
Location: Bellevue, WA
Experience: 5+ years
Employment Status: Full Time (FTE)
We are searching for an accomplished and highly technical Senior Software Engineer - Core Technology. As their exclusive search and recruiting partner, we have a central role in recruiting world-class talent to join the growing company. They are in a very hot space and have developed an innovative conversational search platform that lets people easily discover and navigate content and services from any device or network.
Their platform has applications throughout the mobile ecosystem. They can accommodate 16 foreign languages, to support its customers’ global product launches. Other target markets include smart phones, netbooks, tablets and the digital home. You will work on projects related to creating incredible applications that are shipping for use by millions of users. They create leading edge technology for major vehicle manufactures and electronics companies.
Requirements and Responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer will work as senior developer on the team that owns core code base IP of the company. This team delivers components used on Server and Embedded platforms along with client side SDK. Particular focus on performance and memory requirements, embedded as well as reusable functionality and applying design patterns. Work closely with the research team on integrating new technologies into production code in an Agile development environment.
B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing in C/C++ on various platforms (Windows, Unix- Linux/QNX and/or wireless and mobile systems or embedded platforms)
- Solid ability to design as well as work within an existing code base.
- Strong capabilities in multi-threading and locks
- Process oriented and detail oriented
- Signal processing a plus
- Web development experience a plus and C#, .NET
- Experience with database (SQL) highly desired
- Java, Python or Perl experience a plus
- Experience with automated test
- Experience with speech applications or natural language processing a plus
- Thorough understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attitude and team oriented
- Foreign language skills a plus