Software Engineer – Source Control
Location: New York City
Experience: 5+ years
Employment Status: Full Time (FTE)
New York, New York! We are searching for innovative and ultra technical candidates (need to know what’s under the hood and how it works) who are seeking an opportunity to make a huge impact.
Consider this great career opportunity with a highly respected, successful, growing, stable and innovative company headquartered in New York City.
Our New York-based client company is a large private company, yet they operate like a small company. People do make the difference and you can impact their success and your future. You’re not just a number here. Our client company is the leading global provider of information: accessing it, reporting it, analyzing it and distributing it, faster and more accurately than any other organization. Our client’s media services provide real-time and archived financial and market data, pricing, trading, news and communications tools in a single, integrated package to corporations, news organizations, financial and legal professionals and individuals around the world.
NOTE: Our Client Company will consider candidates residing and working outside of NY State – relocation assistance is available if you are hired. Client will transfer H1B Visa’s for candidate’s hired.
Our client company’s Build and Release Engineering group is responsible for source code governance, build systems, and the global software release cycle. We are looking for an experienced Source Control Engineer and developer to design, implement, and support company-wide source repositories, build processes, and code analysis tools.
- Bachelor's Degree or better in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience
- 5+ years development experience with high-level scripted languages, especially Perl (including object oriented Perl, module design, Perl XS, and DBI). Experience with Python or other high-level languages a plus
- Strong understanding of source control concepts and workflows, source control administration, distributed version control, and the logistics of managing large code bases with many contributors
- Strong understanding of large-scale build processes, packaging, and release management
- Experience with gmake and makefile design. Experience with other build technologies such as Ant, Jam, SCons, and Rake is a plus
- Experience with architecture, design, and implementation of source control processes and policies
- Experience with subversion and git. Experience with other SCM technologies such as Mercurial or Perforce is a plus
- Experience with Unix platforms, especially Solaris, AIX, Linux, and HP-UX
Please note: This is primarily a developer role, with an emphasis on strong architecture and design skills.
Follow us on Twitter: @CompellaSearch