Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Location: Bellevue, WA
Experience: 5+ years
Employment Status: Full-Time (FTE) or Contract
Time for change! Consider new and exciting challenges and opportunities to apply your expertise! We are seeking an experienced SDET for a growing technology company located in the Bellevue/Redmond, WA area. Our client company is creating high profile, high demand technology - cloud based voice services. You can be a driving force and pivotal member of this growing and successful company.
We’ve recruited and hired outstanding talent to create an ever growing footprint in this space. Products include in car entertainment, personal navigation devices, cell phone applications, and others. They create leading edge technology for major vehicle manufactures and electronics companies.
ROLE: It’s a great career opportunity and a very technical role for someone with this proven experience. It’s crucial to have a strong technical background and experience as noted below, plus the self motivation, entrepreneurial mind set and proactive. The infrastructure is pretty established and automated testing, but what can be improved as they grow and evolve.
The Core QA SDET will work on the team that owns core code base / IP of the company. This team delivers components used on Server and Embedded platforms along with client side SDK. Work closely with the Core team on testing new and existing features (particular focus on performance and memory requirements). Responsible for writing test plans, implementing new tests, measuring performance and resource use, maintaining and improving test infrastructure, and for investigating issues reported by the QA team.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing in C++
- Development experience on Linux (Unix) required and Win 32
- C# and .NET experience desirable
- General testing methodology, tools and frameworks
- Functional testing
- Integration/end-to-end testing
- Understanding of automated tests essential
- Embedded experience a plus
- Good process orientation and detail oriented
- Solid ability to design as well as work within an existing code base.
- Proficient with GNU make files and Linux shell scripting a big plus.
- Experience with database (SQL) highly desired
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development methodologies
- Thorough understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attitude and team oriented
- Foreign language skills a plus
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
Follow us on TWITTER: @CompellaSearch