Software Developer – User Experience Applications (Search Agent Dev)
Location: Bellevue, WA
Experience: 5+ years
Employment Status: Full-time (FTE)
We are actively recruiting a software developer to work on a conversational speech and natural language services search agents for our client company, headquartered in Bellevue, WA.
Our client company’s cloud services target device manufacturers who wish to offer a conversational speech experience differentiated from Apple Siri and Google Now. Premiere Service: Personal Assistant. Their software/services are available on 300,000 Lexus cars worldwide in model year 2012; will be available on 2,000,000 Lexus/Toyota cars in model year 2013. Chrysler, Intel and Renault will each ship products with their software/services next year. In addition, they have products delivered and in the market with Tom Tom and Magellan.
Role: As an Application Developer, you will work with a variety of technologies to create unique speech applications. These applications work across platforms and devices enabling users to access information and execute tasks using their voice. This is great role for someone who loves to learn new technologies, interact with APIs, and advocate for great user experiences. The position offers an excellent opportunity for creative thinking and teamwork.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with C++, C# or Java and strong understanding of object oriented concepts
- Scripting experience with Bash, PERL or Python is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Databases (could create one to store music for example) and SQL is desirable
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, XSD, XPath and Regular Expressions is a plus
- User interface and speech application development experience is a plus
- Solid organization and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to learn quickly
Follow us on TWITTER: @CompellaSearch