Chief Operating Officer
Location: Bellevue, WA
Experience: 10+ Years
Employment Status: Full-Time (FTE)
Conducting a retained search for a COO for a funded startup in high growth mode. Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the Executive Committee, the COO will be responsible for the development of the Company’s management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. This is an outstanding opportunity for an executive with technical, business and operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join a well-established, mission-driven organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Oversees and directs the IT function, working with the Chief Technology Officer to ensure high standards for administration, maintenance, and support of users, end user computers and mobile devices, our telecom systems, our network, our servers, and all IT infrastructure hardware and software.
- Partners with IT and the various departments to assess their needs and identify, select, and support the line of business applications and solutions that best meet their needs. Collaborates on development of policies and procedures to ensure systems are used optimally and the Company realizes a reasonable return on technology investments.
- Responsible for managing and evolving the Company’s IT infrastructure, application set, and tools to ensure our IT investments support an efficient and effective client experience.
- Advise the CEO and other key members of senior management on financial planning and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the president informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
What will a successful candidate look like?
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the engineering and operations teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Business Operations degree a master’s in business administration is preferred
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role – with a mix of Fortune 500 and/or startup experience.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management, The Company’s board of directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as a tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Follow us on TWITTER: @CompellaSearch